Residency circus and land-art performer
From November 30th to December 9th, the Japanese-French circus and land-art performer Kenzo Tokuoka will be in residence in the theater hall of Cas-co. During his stay, you can experience various try-outs and experiments focused on the acrobatic land-art process at different times.
Kenzo, with 15 years of circus experience, replaces traditional circus attributes with natural elements such as bamboo sticks. This creates a whole new universe of artistic expression. Kenzo brings art, nature and acrobatics together in harmony.
In addition to these two try-outs, Kenzo also opens his research lab to the public on December 1st and 8th (1:00 PM – 5:00 PM).
This try-out is part of the Fringe and Cirklabo festival and is included in the Off the Grid program at Cas-co:
- 14:00 ‑Curatorial talk by Antoinette Jattiot
- 15:00 — Inauguration of Flag #4: ‘Petticoat Government, Leuven’ at Stroom (J.P. Minckelersstraat 192)
- 16:00 — Listening session by Domingo
- 17:00 — Artist talk by Francisco Correia (Let’s Talk Leuven)
- 18:00 — Performance by Kenzo Tokuoka (CIRKLABO)